Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Woman Want

So, Valentine's Day is coming.... and I've noticed that a lot of guys are stressing about what to get their significant other... first of all, if you are that dumb to fall in to the V-day fever, you deserve to pay $20 for a single rose. I mean, why concentrate so much time and energy to tell someone you love them on a day they are expecting it? Why not tell that person on any other day and make it a surprise. Either way, if you want to act like a jr. high student carrying around balloons, bears, and nasty boxes of crappy chocolate... go ahead.

So, let's go back to guys not knowing what woman want... not only on on V-day... but every day. so let me decode some things for you.

* Be it her birthday is coming up, V-day, Christmas or any other day that she is expecting a gift, when she says she wants to be surprised... that means that she already told you what she wants and she hopes you surprise her that you were actually listening to her. Don't be dumb... ask her if you can't remember... say something like... "I'm going to get you something, and I know that you already have something in mind. Let me know what you want so I can make sure it goes with the surprise I already have in mind."

*She says not to get her anything... she's really saying "I don't want to seem greedy, but I really want you to get me something good!" If you are dumb enough to believe that she doesn't want anything, don't complain later that she's mad at you.

* She always wants to hang at HER family's house. It's not that she prefers to go to her family's all the time... it's just that she prefers to NEVER SEE YOUR FAMILY!

* She starts complaining about a backache, foot throbbing, shoulders are tired... she wants a massage! She's not going to ask for it, but if you just grab the massage oil/ lotion and surprise her with you actually picking up her message... she might return the favor in a different way... but trust me... you'll be relaxed.

* She says "you better not get me something expensive... we're on a budget" She really means, don't spend any money on yourself for a while so you can spend more money on her.

* my personal favorite is "babe, don't worry about it, it's the thought that counts and I know I'm gonna love it!" This is actually a warning... "IF YOU THINK ABOUT GETTING MY GIFT FROM THE SAME PLACE YOU CAN PUMP YOUR GAS, CHANGE YOUR TIRES, WASH YOUR CAR, OR ENDS IN -MART OR -TREE... I'M LEAVING YOUR ASS!"

Now, there are many more messages that we have, but if I tell them all... then we wouldn't have the joy of watching you guys wonder why we're mad at you. In all honesty, I recommend this... DON'T buy her expensive ass dinners, gifts, or things while dating. Don't be cheap, put thought into the gift... but don't spend a million dollars on every gift on your girlfriend. Once she's your wife, that's when you should pull out the big guns! She's the woman you vowed yourself to, the woman who puts up with your mother, and maybe even the mother of your children. Make her feel like a queen and if she is a great woman, she will treat you better than a king. If you're married and don't understand why you're not treated like a king there are 1 of 2 reasons...
#1- you don't treat her like a queen
#2- you spoiled her so much while dating, she fell in love more with the gifts an you missed out on your true queen.

And woman, treat your man with respect. Don't insult him, belittle him, or disrespect him. Let your man know he is the only one. Surprise him with things too. and yes, buying yourself a little ligerie one in a while to surprise him counts as a gift for him... as long as he's the only one who gets to see it... so don't ask the plumber what he thinks of your new thong!

Life is short, don't waste it not loving... or loving the wrong one. Always respect yourself, your partner, and your relationship.

Sorry, this wasn't my usual crack head blog post, but I have a lot of friends who i'm hoping will find the same kind of love i found with my husband.

Thanks for tuning in

Love
eRiCa

No comments:

Post a Comment